Reciprocity Policy as of September 2011
Reciprocal services are available to students and alumni of those law schools that offer reciprocal services to UT Law students and graduates. Reciprocity is available under the following terms and conditions:
- Reciprocity is available to students and graduates of ABA accredited law schools that grant reciprocity to University of Toledo College of Law students and graduates. Reciprocity is available for a three month period. Requests for renewals will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- No reciprocity will be granted from August 1 to December 1 due to Fall On-Campus Interviews.
- Requests for reciprocal services must be made in advance of the planned visit by a member of the Career Services Office of the Law School requesting reciprocity. Please include the student/graduate’s current address, graduation year, and volunteer that the same services offered by the individual’s home school will be available to a University of Toledo law student or graduate.
- Employment listings, reference materials and other office handouts will be made available to students/graduates using our services. Limited counseling is available (by appointment only) for reciprocal students and graduates. Computer and fax privileges are available on a limited basis.
- Upon formal request, we will provide current students with a password that will allow access to our Symplicity on-line job posting website. We no longer produce a hard copy of a graduate job bulletin.
- Reciprocal students and graduates may not participate in on-campus interviews.
- Reciprocal students/graduates must bring a copy of the reciprocity grant letter with them and check in with Office of Professional Development personnel each time they use the office.
- Decisions about reciprocity are made on a case-by-case basis and the Assistant Dean for Alumni & career Services has the right to refuse to grant reciprocity at any time. Further, reciprocity may be revoked or denied to individuals who misuse our facilities or do not comply with our policies.
Inquiries should be addressed to:
Office of Professional Development, University of Toledo College of Law
2801 W. Bancroft, Mail Stop # 507, Toledo, OH 43606-3390.